I know I haven't done a fabulous job of blogging since I got back to the States. I need to catch up. I have been busy updating other blogs, though. My little bros, Brian and Scott, arrived in Chile three and a half weeks ago. They're loving their missions. I'm posting excerpts from their e-mails each week on a blog...it's the easiest way for their loved ones to keep updated on their experiences. If you're interested, they're on my blog roll (Not Just Chillin in Chile and Mission: Santiago East).
I finished work about two weeks ago, and right now, I'm taking a breather. I'm taking advantage of this time to get my belongings organized for when I do move, practice the piano, study Spanish, work on family history with my mom, etc. We have a huge box we got from my Grandma full of stories, etc. that we're organizing~ it's fascinating stuff to learn about your ancestors. Life is good.
A couple of things that may be of interest to you:
1. Did you know you can download free podcasts off iTunes to help you learn a language? Just search the iTunes store, and you'll find different options to choose from. I love that it's free, and it's a good way to learn while you're driving, getting ready, etc.
2. The Mormon Channel podcasts are amazing, and if you haven't checked them out, you definitely should~ another great way to use your time while doing other mindless tasks. I download them on iTunes, but I know you can download them other ways as well. Some of my favorite podcasts are: Conversations (they have interviews with Elder Bednar, Elder Perry, and Elder Scott), Into All the World, Mormon Identity, Everything Creative (I love #4, the interview with the Egyptologist), and The Light of Men (this one is really original~ you have to listen to it). Fascinating stuff. And so uplifting.
No comments:
Post a Comment